Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Its' a new season, It's a new day... A fresh anoiting... is coming my way!

Well its seems as though its been ages since I've last updated this blog so I thought I'd give everyone an update and let everyone know EVERYTHING. Well today I am 15 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Whoa! who would'a thunk? Crazy to think that im a little less than 6 months I am going to be a mom. I mean I know I rock at being an auntie, I LOVE being an aunt. I get little butterflies thinking about my neice throughout the day, that when I think how I will be as a mother I'm actually quiet scared about that one! I mean, we buy Mariah pretty much WHATEVER she wants and there is no problem to that but when I began to think, "is my child going to be a spoiled rotten brat?" LOL well we will hope not, actually I don't forsee myself being one of those mothers who lets their kid scream in the middle of a retail store because the kid didn't get that toy they wanted. Anyways, back to subject I am exctited. Hoping for the best.. Haven't gotten sick ONCE! well besides Hay Fever, pregnancy wise not once. And I am happy that I haven't. I am finally starting to show a baby bump. and people are beginning to rub my belly... (totally AKWARD) its weird when you have people just come up to you and start rubbing your belly in a circular motion, hey yo, give me a hug instead. Leave baby alone. :)




In other news my work hours have changed as of today, which I am not a fan of. I'm working 5am-4pm, Monday thru Friday with Weds off. Not too shabby, but going to school full time and work I'm not sure how that is going to cut it. I'm already tired because of this pregnancy so we'll see how it goes. I'm actually excited to have a day of rest off.



Derek and I began teaching the Jr.Youth group on Sundays and Thursdays at church. Sunday was our very first lesson with the kids, and I must say it was quite a success. I remember how I was when I was their age trying to be in church and learn the Bible. But the amazing thing about each and everyone of these kids is that they KNOW Jesus and the Bible. Our first lesson we decided it would be best to start from the beginning, where everything started, Genesis 1-2. Derek did the majority of the speaking but I mostly observed and listened (Let me say, God is so good. I never thought in a bajillion years that I would ever picture my husband teaching God's Word, and I was and still am impressed, he put a smile on my face) ANYWAYS, We taught on how God created the world in 6 days, and on the 7th day he rested. We only had 6 kids in the class and we each assigned everyone to read from the passage that we were doing the study on. At the end of the lesson, we had each kid draw a picture from one of the days God created something, I took the 7th day. Every single kid put so much effort in drawing something God created. It was actually amazing, cause these kids' minds are sponges. They just kept listening and asking questions. It was actually pretty cool and I'm so excited to see where God takes us next since we are officially apart of the Christian Education department at our church. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment